Kulbhaskar Ashram PG College:Chronicle

Kulbhaskar Ashram named after the great philanthropist,Munshi Kali Prasad "Kulbhaskar" and was founded in small hut on july 27th,1930 by Late Babu Brij Behari Sahai. The College is situated in the heart of the city and is run under the auspice of the Kayastha Pathshala Trust,one of the pioneering educational trusts in the country.

         1          2

 

  • Dr.Rajendra Prasad, who later became the first President of India Inaugurated a kaccha hostel as Kulbhaskar Ashram (1940).

  • Recognized as a High School (1944) by the Board of High School and Intermediate Education, U.P., Allahabad.

  • Raised to the level of an Intermediate College in 1950.

  • Agra University granted affiliation to the Ashram (1960) for imparting education at the first degree level in the Faculty of Agriculture leading to B.Sc. (Ag) degree. The main building was completed

  • On 17 December,1965 foundation stone for construction of a hostel named Rajendra Prasad Chhatravas was laid by the then Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri at the place where Dr.Rajendra Prasad had first visited and stayed as a guest of the Ashram.

  • In 1965 the College was raised to Post Graduate level in the Faculty of Agriculture.

  • Dr.Sri Ranjan the then Vice chancellor, Agra University inaugurated the first floor of the main building (1966)

  • Late Jagjeevan Ram the then Minister of Agriculture Govt. of India inaugurated Rajendra Chatravas in 1968.

  • The College got affiliated to Kanpur University in 1968.

  • Faculty of Science was added in 1970 to impart education in B.Sc (Bio) and B.Sc (Maths).

  • The Chief Minister,U.P.,Pt.Kamlapati Tripathi laid foundation stone for Science Faculty building in 1971

  • Ch.Naunihal Singh, then Minister of Home and Education,U.P. laid foundation of Agricultural Economics and Statistics building(1982) which on completion was finally inaugurated by Shri S.S.Upadhyay,State Minister in U.P.Govt.(1984)

  • During the period 1980-1985 many new buildings viz.,Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Agricultural Engineering,Zoology,Physics,Botany,Agricultural Chemistry and Agricultural extension were constructed with the financial assistance made available by the Indian Council Of Agricultural Research(ICAR) and UGC.Student's Union Building, Animal House(Zoology Department),Canteen and Girl's Common Room were also constructed during this period.

  • Computer Centre was established in 1992 for imparting Computer Education at the Under Graduate and PGDCA Level. The Department has its own new building, Library, Lab, Internet, Fax facilities etc.This has become possible with the financial assistance provided by the UGC. B.Sc Classes were started in Computer as a subject in 1995.

  • In the year 2004 the College became a Study Centre of the Uttar Pradesh Rajarashi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU) for MCA, PGDCA, BCA, DCA,M.Sc (BioChem), MJMC, PGPJMC, PGPFP, DCOM and CCC Courses.

  • A fully digitlised English Language Lab was established in the year 2007.

  • College Accrediated with 3.07/4 CGPA i.e "A" Grade by NAAC in 2015 (IInd Cycle).
  • College has also been reconferred the status of College with Potential for Excellence by UGC in 2016.
  • A Gymnasium was established in 2012 having modern equipment with the assistance from UGC.
  • A modern conferance hall and smart class room was also developed woth UGC assistance in 2012.
  • A new TATA bus was also purchased for excursions & field visits with UGC assistance.
  • College celebrated its Golden Jubliee in 2012
  • Kulbhaskar Institute of Professional Studies was established in 2012 to impart education in professional courses like B.Sc.(Bio.Tech), BBA, BCA & B.Com.
  • Professional  Courses like B.Sc.(Bio.Tech) & BBA have been started w.e.f 2014 and B.Com & BCA in July 2016 after getting affiliation from University.

.

Visitors Counter

365913
TodayToday41
YesterdayYesterday128
This_WeekThis_Week908
This_MonthThis_Month3310
All_DaysAll_Days365913
54.91.38.173

Social Widget